Me: all right. I'm in bed, with enough time left over to get 8 hours of sleep. Awesome!
Brain: hi there.
Me: shut up brain just shut up leave me alone oh God oh God you're going to say something aren't you?
Brain: so what's new?
Brain: tomorrow you should totally clean out your closet
Me: that might be a good idea. I always get bogged down though. Usually by the box of pictures.
Brain: I know what you mean. You should probably throw some of those out.
Me: But it's so hard, and there are so many of them. And so many memories.
Brain: remember that tumble you took at the farm? You could have lost your life. No pictures of that though is there?
Me: it was a different time. There were no cell phones back then.
Me: I think my cousin - HEY WAIT A MINUTE. I'M SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING
Brain: You wanted to talk about the farm.
Me: NO I DIDN'T.
Brain: Have you noticed you're talking to yourself?
Me: What? No I'm not.
Brain: maybe you have MPD. Or indigestion.
Me: My digestion is fine. I'm awake because you won't shut up.
Brain: did you take the garbage out?
(Our ADHD Story shares thoughts and ideas that do not necessarily represent our own. To share your story write to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Our ADHD Story is a place where people can share their stories, thoughts, and feelings about ADHD. Get past the generic list of symptoms and see how it is affecting people in real life through personal stories. We are not here to inform you, we are here to engage you.
- ► 2015 (15)
- A Mother's Guide to make the best of the IEP Proce...
- When the School Fails You
- Have faith!
- What can stimulate the ADHD brain? Why you should ...
- Patience and Consistency
- Are you disrupting your treatment?
- ADHD Child Hitting and Kicking?
- I Blame ADHD on...
- You've lived with it this long...
- Chasing Butterflies
- Be Thankful it is Not Your Child
- ADHD Sex Drive
- Girls Get Diagnosed Later Usually
- ADHD and Sleep
- ADHD is a Struggle
- Saving Money- Back to School
- 10 Minutes With an ADHD Brain
- Don't Forget the Quiet ADHD Girls
- ADHD Fears
- Why Medication Should be Taken Consistently
- I Feel Like a Horrible Parent
- ADHD and Self Stimulate
- I am a Survivor
- ▼ August (25)