Me: all right. I'm in bed, with enough time left over to get 8 hours of sleep. Awesome!
Brain: hi there.
Me: shut up brain just shut up leave me alone oh God oh God you're going to say something aren't you?
Brain: so what's new?
Brain: tomorrow you should totally clean out your closet
Me: that might be a good idea. I always get bogged down though. Usually by the box of pictures.
Brain: I know what you mean. You should probably throw some of those out.
Me: But it's so hard, and there are so many of them. And so many memories.
Brain: remember that tumble you took at the farm? You could have lost your life. No pictures of that though is there?
Me: it was a different time. There were no cell phones back then.
Me: I think my cousin - HEY WAIT A MINUTE. I'M SUPPOSED TO BE SLEEPING
Brain: You wanted to talk about the farm.
Me: NO I DIDN'T.
Brain: Have you noticed you're talking to yourself?
Me: What? No I'm not.
Brain: maybe you have MPD. Or indigestion.
Me: My digestion is fine. I'm awake because you won't shut up.
Brain: did you take the garbage out?
(Our ADHD Story shares thoughts and ideas that do not necessarily represent our own. To share your story write to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- ► 2015 (15)
- A Mother's Guide to make the best of the IEP Proce...
- When the School Fails You
- Have faith!
- What can stimulate the ADHD brain? Why you should ...
- Patience and Consistency
- Are you disrupting your treatment?
- ADHD Child Hitting and Kicking?
- I Blame ADHD on...
- You've lived with it this long...
- Chasing Butterflies
- Be Thankful it is Not Your Child
- ADHD Sex Drive
- Girls Get Diagnosed Later Usually
- ADHD and Sleep
- ADHD is a Struggle
- Saving Money- Back to School
- 10 Minutes With an ADHD Brain
- Don't Forget the Quiet ADHD Girls
- ADHD Fears
- Why Medication Should be Taken Consistently
- I Feel Like a Horrible Parent
- ADHD and Self Stimulate
- I am a Survivor
- ▼ August (25)