What is the best advice you have ever received (and
- Having ADHD doesn't make me a worse person just makes me different and better in other ways!!
- I was also told that my ADHD makes me unique and interesting and that no one could ever be bored in my company. I may be different but that difference makes me original and fun
- That it's not an illness, just a different way of being
- Honestly, for me, it was when your mind is in hyper-speed meltdown & you can't stop thinking, read a good book. it focus' me like nothing else, calms me down & is the only way i can relax at all. it's probably got me through life better than anything else I've tried.
- "Get to know your animal". It was an analogy. You don't know how to treat the problem until you know what the problem is. Before then all you can do is mask the symptoms.
- What has helped me More than anything is understanding and embracing it. I learned I was my own worst judgmental enemy. I was internally criticizing. I don't do it anymore and I've become highly productive by a. Being nice to myself and b. Accepting it's who I am...my ADD isn't going anywhere, it's who I am.
- I have ADHD; ADHD doesn't have me. There's nothing I can do with my diagnoses BUT work with it. Work with the positive aspects, instead of dwelling on the negatives. It makes life easier. And most importantly; laugh! Accept who you are and laugh! Life is going to throw curve-balls... CATCH THEM
- write everything down! Planners help me...and keeping a bag with everything you need with you at all times
- Don't lie to yourself and think you'll remember! Write it down! Put it in your calendar!!!
- This is the way God wanted you to be...perfectly imperfect.
- Accept & love yourself
- Making a "done" list, not just a "to do" list.
- Don't be so hard on yourself...you have to give yourself more credit!
Have some advice to share? Please comment :)
(Please note thehiddenillness shares opinions and thoughts from others which are solely the thoughts of the author and do not necessarily represent my own.)