Sunday, August 10, 2014
ADHD is a Struggle
Sometimes I think we get so caught up in trying to make ADHD sound amazing that we forget to acknowledge the struggle. All the symptoms may not sound nice, or make ADHD sound 'awesome' but there is a reason why we struggle, some things are harder, that is a fact or we would never need support groups, doctors, medicine, iep, understanding, or any help. We don't have smaller brains and it has nothing to do with intelligence. I am just saying that we struggle, simple as that. I think looking at the bright side can be good but if we never acknowledge that it is okay to have hard times that is when the anxiety and depression come in. That is when it is not helping you or our kids.
- ► 2015 (15)
- A Mother's Guide to make the best of the IEP Proce...
- When the School Fails You
- Have faith!
- What can stimulate the ADHD brain? Why you should ...
- Patience and Consistency
- Are you disrupting your treatment?
- ADHD Child Hitting and Kicking?
- I Blame ADHD on...
- You've lived with it this long...
- Chasing Butterflies
- Be Thankful it is Not Your Child
- ADHD Sex Drive
- Girls Get Diagnosed Later Usually
- ADHD and Sleep
- ADHD is a Struggle
- Saving Money- Back to School
- 10 Minutes With an ADHD Brain
- Don't Forget the Quiet ADHD Girls
- ADHD Fears
- Why Medication Should be Taken Consistently
- I Feel Like a Horrible Parent
- ADHD and Self Stimulate
- I am a Survivor
- ▼ August (25)