In 2003 at 4 yrs old we traveled from Minnesota to Newport
Beach, CA to the Amen Clinic for a Brain Spec Scan which
was not covered by insurance. He was diagnosed with
ADHD and Bipolar. A friend found out we were medicating
him and lectured me about how he could be cured if I
changed his food, limited the food dyes, and gave him
vitamins. To think I could have saved $5000 and years of
frustration just by doing that. How did I not think of that?
Duh?! I was angry. Years later he frantically called me for
advice for his child who was diagnosed with ADHD and
apparently vitamins and a food change did not work for
them. He is now medicating his child.
(Our ADHD Story shares thoughts and ideas that do not necessarily represent our own. To share your story write to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Life Done Simple
- Our ADHD Story is a place where people can share their stories, thoughts, and feelings about ADHD. Get past the generic list of symptoms and see how it is affecting people in real life through personal stories. We are not here to inform you, we are here to engage you.
- ► 2015 (15)
- A Mother's Guide to make the best of the IEP Proce...
- When the School Fails You
- Have faith!
- What can stimulate the ADHD brain? Why you should ...
- Patience and Consistency
- Are you disrupting your treatment?
- ADHD Child Hitting and Kicking?
- I Blame ADHD on...
- You've lived with it this long...
- Chasing Butterflies
- Be Thankful it is Not Your Child
- ADHD Sex Drive
- Girls Get Diagnosed Later Usually
- ADHD and Sleep
- ADHD is a Struggle
- Saving Money- Back to School
- 10 Minutes With an ADHD Brain
- Don't Forget the Quiet ADHD Girls
- ADHD Fears
- Why Medication Should be Taken Consistently
- I Feel Like a Horrible Parent
- ADHD and Self Stimulate
- I am a Survivor
- ▼ August (25)