I hate how people assume adhd is just "out of control hyper" or just bad parenting etc. Ive
heard where it concerns my son sooo many times "well I just think his mom isnt teaching
him like he needs to be. poor kid" when I work my ass off trying to find more things to
help that works with him on top of dealing with my own ADHD. I dont have the hyper part
that so many assume it is only. Maybe when I was younger I had some but nowadays i have
a lot of health issues that go against me having any energy at all. I am still tho. My
mind is all over the place and I'm messy n cant keep plans like I mean to n want to. I am
always late even when I set 5 alarms through the same hour period to keep my butt in a
"hurry" yes I literally do that too. I have to be at church at 4 so Ill set my alarms for 3:20,
3:35, 3:45, 3:55 etc just to make sure I am gathering n moving along as I should. It
sounds stupid to some ppl but I'm sure other add'ers understand it. Especially when you
have kiddos/baby to get ready too. It can be frustrating having others assume they know.
Like my friends bf was complaining the house was a mess n made the mistake of asking me
my thoughts. I said it was actually really really clean, which it was. He went on about it n i
cut him off going on about how adhd ppl have some struggles anyway or some of us. He
claimed she should be a clean freak if shes adhd. I laughed said yeah dude ur confusing this
with OCD. Not the same. Some have both some dont. On the flip side, there are A LOT of
fun quirks that I love about being ADHD :)
(Our ADHD Story shares thoughts and ideas that do not necessarily represent our own. To share your story write to firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Our ADHD Story is a place where people can share their stories, thoughts, and feelings about ADHD. Get past the generic list of symptoms and see how it is affecting people in real life through personal stories. We are not here to inform you, we are here to engage you.
- ► 2015 (15)
- Try ADHD Medication
- When Not Medicated...
- Is ADHD Our of Control Hyper?
- In The Middle
- Stereotyping ADHD
- Light at the End of the Tunnel
- 'Accidental' Help
- He's Just Being a Boy?
- Wondering What a Pill Will Do to Me
- Quiet and Reserved
- Severe ADHD
- ADHD Support: Poem
- Is ADHD a disability?
- A ADHD parent with an ADHD Child
- Teenager ODD
- Ways to Remember Your Medication
- Judging ADHD
- Baby Boomer
- Choosing ADHD Medication
- Climbing Higher with ADHD Medication
- A New Look
- When ADHD Medication Wears Off
- ADHD finding Normal "base line"
- Teachers Commit to the Full Year.
- A Mother’s Choice: My journey accepting my child,
- Gifted ADHD
- Poem: Another tale from the darkness:Breath Taking...
- ADD Inattentive Type
- Hell and Back
- Relationships and ADHD
- ▼ June (33)