Thursday, June 12, 2014
I will admit I used to be a judgy person. My oldest son (10 today yay) has adhd as well . He did not start medication until 8 years old . I used to judge the parents giving their 4 year old meds , I did not know how severe adhd could be . That is until I had my youngest . He has always been active , always busy . I fig he'd be another Nick ( my oldest). Boy was I wrong at age two it went downhill . At age 4 he was evaluated and diagnosed with adhd/ODD . I had tried spanking, time out, toys taken away . Everything I possibly could , even therapy . Nothing worked . He was a whole different level of ADHD . After his diagnoses I kept him off meds for a while . Preschool was giving up on him . Kids did not want to be around him , he learnt nothing and cried in sadness begging me to help him . His therapist told me she had never came across a case of ADHD as bad as his . He is very severe . He simply could not function . I think even as parents of adhd children ourself we forget that there are different severity for each case . I thought my oldest was bad , and kept thinking if I could handle him and teach him things why can't other moms do same with theirs ? It is not that easy , it is not black and white . With 4 kids I see how different the once with adhd are from each other, and how my non adhd children are . I never realized how sever ADHD could be , but my son sure shut me up He taught me never to judge because everyone's story is different
Life Done Simple
- Our ADHD Story is a place where people can share their stories, thoughts, and feelings about ADHD. Get past the generic list of symptoms and see how it is affecting people in real life through personal stories. We are not here to inform you, we are here to engage you.
- ► 2015 (15)
- Try ADHD Medication
- When Not Medicated...
- Is ADHD Our of Control Hyper?
- In The Middle
- Stereotyping ADHD
- Light at the End of the Tunnel
- 'Accidental' Help
- He's Just Being a Boy?
- Wondering What a Pill Will Do to Me
- Quiet and Reserved
- Severe ADHD
- ADHD Support: Poem
- Is ADHD a disability?
- A ADHD parent with an ADHD Child
- Teenager ODD
- Ways to Remember Your Medication
- Judging ADHD
- Baby Boomer
- Choosing ADHD Medication
- Climbing Higher with ADHD Medication
- A New Look
- When ADHD Medication Wears Off
- ADHD finding Normal "base line"
- Teachers Commit to the Full Year.
- A Mother’s Choice: My journey accepting my child,
- Gifted ADHD
- Poem: Another tale from the darkness:Breath Taking...
- ADD Inattentive Type
- Hell and Back
- Relationships and ADHD
- ▼ June (33)