Our story. Family always saying "He's
just being a boy - he will outgrow it. Boys mature more
slowly". He is now 6, has been in speech therapy and OT
every week for over 3 years. Is in regular kindergarten but
has a 504 plan. Little behind academically but doing okay.
And now family is like "See told you he was fine......... He
just needed to mature some". And I'm like "yeah that's it - he
just needed time. Didn't have anything to do with the last 3
1/2 years of therapy not to mention all the accommodations
we made at home.........
Search This Blog
Thursday, June 19, 2014
He's Just Being a Boy?
Posted by Laura Stoker at 6:00 AM
Labels: ADD, ADHD, MEDICATION, STORY
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2015 (15)
- Try ADHD Medication
- When Not Medicated...
- Is ADHD Our of Control Hyper?
- In The Middle
- Stereotyping ADHD
- Light at the End of the Tunnel
- 'Accidental' Help
- He's Just Being a Boy?
- Wondering What a Pill Will Do to Me
- Quiet and Reserved
- Severe ADHD
- ADHD Support: Poem
- Is ADHD a disability?
- A ADHD parent with an ADHD Child
- Teenager ODD
- Ways to Remember Your Medication
- Judging ADHD
- Baby Boomer
- Choosing ADHD Medication
- Climbing Higher with ADHD Medication
- A New Look
- When ADHD Medication Wears Off
- ADHD finding Normal "base line"
- Teachers Commit to the Full Year.
- A Mother’s Choice: My journey accepting my child,
- Gifted ADHD
- Poem: Another tale from the darkness:Breath Taking...
- ADD Inattentive Type
- Hell and Back
- Relationships and ADHD
- ▼ June (33)
Post a Comment