Tuesday, June 10, 2014
My story: my 6 year old has been 'different' from other kids since he was 2. Only recently did my husband and I suspect ADHD. He is affected only mildly, which makes it difficult to get support from teachers and family members. Only those who are with him for an extended amount of time understand. He has his challenges, more I have my challenges in parenting him. But he has so many strengths that I wouldn't change anything about him! He is kind, loving, complementary, incredibly smart, well-rounded in his interests, and overall a good kid. We will have more challenges, as it seems the ADHD becomes stronger and more apparent as he gets older. But he is my pride and joy!
- ► 2015 (15)
- Try ADHD Medication
- When Not Medicated...
- Is ADHD Our of Control Hyper?
- In The Middle
- Stereotyping ADHD
- Light at the End of the Tunnel
- 'Accidental' Help
- He's Just Being a Boy?
- Wondering What a Pill Will Do to Me
- Quiet and Reserved
- Severe ADHD
- ADHD Support: Poem
- Is ADHD a disability?
- A ADHD parent with an ADHD Child
- Teenager ODD
- Ways to Remember Your Medication
- Judging ADHD
- Baby Boomer
- Choosing ADHD Medication
- Climbing Higher with ADHD Medication
- A New Look
- When ADHD Medication Wears Off
- ADHD finding Normal "base line"
- Teachers Commit to the Full Year.
- A Mother’s Choice: My journey accepting my child,
- Gifted ADHD
- Poem: Another tale from the darkness:Breath Taking...
- ADD Inattentive Type
- Hell and Back
- Relationships and ADHD
- ▼ June (33)